Friday 16 January 2009

Rollnrocka


I haven't seen Swept Away...yet...but I truley adore Guy Richie's other flicks...including the much misunderstood Revolver.
Rocknrolla, while pushing no bounderies whatsoever, is a grand addition to his body of work. Richies photography is at once glossier and grittier than whats come before. His cast are Oscar winners/nominees/Spartans. His scripts witty and situations memorable. And his direction fun, inventive and contemperary.
Strange then that this is my least favorite on his CV. Not as broadly funny as Snatch or Lock Stock or as outrageously intriguing as Revolver... but a classy reminder that Richies is an A-game player.
Roll on Sherlock Holmes with Downey Jr.

1 comment:

sickboy said...

Spot On. Makes it a challenge to review positively. I think there were a couple of characers tht didn't work or had too much exposure.

But I loved it and will be looking to add to my Ritchie libary on release and continue my life as a rocknrolla.