Thursday 29 January 2009

Six Million Dollar Snail.

Just watched the classic Six Million Dollar Man episode "The Bionic Woman" introducing Lindsay Wagner as Jamie Sommers.
Three observations for you:-
1/ My parents used to tease me as a six year old that I had a crush on Linsay Wagner. At the time, the headstrong six year old dismissed this; Wonder Woman was much hotter. In retrospect, they were right.
2/ It's very slow, by todays standards. The plotting is slow. The dialogue delivery is so slow its practically stilted. And action sequences aren't made thrilling when 'bionics' are defined by the trademark ultra-slow motion effect. Please hurry up and jump over that bleedin' fence!!!
3/ Lee Majors is a legend. But that doesn't mean legends should be allowed to sing on the soundtrack.

Despite these observations I am compelled to watch the infamous Bigfoot episodes soon...

1 comment:

Pete Tiley / Bike rider. said...

I had a bionic man when I were young and you could look through one eye and see all the way to Australia. Almost.