Wednesday 10 June 2009

Lethargic Leviathan



Trapped underwater in their Drilling Habitat, a cast of hardworking, but dull, character actors fights to survive against the monster/thing that's killing them one by one. George P Comatose (sorry, that's Cosmatos of Rambo 2 fame) keeps this average monster movie ticking along.

The effects are OK, it looks good (the budget's up there on the screen, the Jerry Goldsmith score elevates things (as it always does)...and Amanda Pays reminds us what the definition of "English Beauty" really means.

Watch this one with beer goggles.

1 comment:

Nick aka Puppet Angel said...

I haven't seen this for donkey's years. Probably not since it first came out on video. I couldn't tell you anything about it plotwise. It made no impression on me back then so I obviously felt no desire to revisit it.

I am tempted to now, though as Amanda Pays was a sweetie. Probably still is.