Sunday 15 March 2009

America - For Sale!



If you fancy having a laugh at stupid Americans, I can wholeheartedly recommend this recent documentary, I.O.U.S.A.

It basically explains the US national debt; the history, how that debt is broken down, why it's there, what they might wanna do about it and what could happen if they don't.

To quote one guy, 'next to a terrorist detonating a nuke on US soil, it's the biggest threat to the US way of life that exists'. Heavy but interesting.

However, while you're laughing at the gaffs our American cousins have made...you begin to realise that the foundations of the UK economy are probably far worse.

Bugger.

Gripping stuff (made all the more intriguing as it was made BEFORE the current financial meltdown).

1 comment:

Nick aka Puppet Angel said...

Sounds interesting. Mind you I get a headache just thinking about it.

Now, I'm getting a hankering for some Lady Penelope. Where's my Thunderbirds movie dvd.....