Saturday 31 December 2011

Top TV Of 2011



Another year. Another twelve moths of watching the box. As usual this list represents the shows that I've been most glued to this year, for better or for worse. Most of them are science fiction or fantasy related shows (hey, I'm a geek) but there's some straight comedy and political satire throw in for good measure too. Of course, there's plenty of good shows on the air that I haven't had the time to watch that might have made the list if I had...but there's always 2012.

As for my top show, I think it's had the most crazy, original season that it's ever likely to get in it's very long history and that's something to be be savoured and applauded. However, with the excellence that my number two show has demonstrated, and the promise of quality escalation next year and beyond, I think it's time to be recognised is very near indeed.

20/ Homeland
19/ Beavis & Butt-head
18/ Terra Nova
17/ The Daily Show
16/ Real Time With Bill Maher
15/ Primeval
14/ New Girl
13/ Robot Chicken
12/ Sherlock
11/ 30 Rock



10/ Castle
9/ Family Guy
8/ Spartacus Gods Of The Arena
7/ Death Valley
6/ Black Mirror
5/ The Walking Dead
4/ Being Human
3/ Fringe
2/ Game Of Thrones
1/ Doctor Who

Bubbling under:- Top Gear, Once Upon A Time, Life's Too Short, Torchwood.

No comments: